Granny’s Scrappy Placemat
By Alexandra of EyeLoveKnots.
My Granny’s series features one round granny squares. This makes it really great for using up those tiny bits of yarn in your stash. If you don’t need a placemat, use it as a larger doily. I have included instructions to make a variety of sizes depending on your preference. This placemat took me about 8.25 hours to complete.
Finished Size: 13.75″ Wide by 18.13″ Tall (Notes included for 2 other sizes)
- 282 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- As a placemat, I recommend cotton since it’s more durable, but as a doily, acrylic works too. I used Lily Sugar n Cream for my placemat. Alternatively, I recommend WeCrochet Dishie (cotton) or Red Heart Super Saver (acrylic).
Skill Level: Intermediate
Other Patterns to Try:
- Super Easy and Quick Crochet Doily Placemat
- Simple Seeded Lace Crochet Placemat
- Blue Lagoon Crochet Placemat
- Star Doily Placemat
- Seed Stitch Crochet Placemat Pattern