Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This mile-a-minute blanket meets the donation requirements for Project Linus, an organization that distributes handmade blankets to children in need. A combination of yarn types and textured joins make it a comforting and fun sensory experience.
- Finished Size: Baby Blanket: 43” (109 cm) wide x 34” (86.5 cm) long.
- Gauge: 12 dc = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting in the round
- Increasing, seaming, decreasing by skipping stitches, changing colors, crocheting in the back loop
- Pattern includes linked tutorials for identifying the back loop and single crochet seam
- Red Heart Dreamy yarn (100% acrylic, 8.8 oz/250 g, 466 yd/425 m/medium weight) – 1 skein each in 8512 Aqua (CA) and 8311 Ivory (CC), or approximately 466 yd (425 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Dreamy Stripes yarn (100% acrylic, 6.3 oz/180 g, 355 yd/325 m/medium weight) – 1 skein in 9381 Caribbean (CB), or approximately 325 yd (297 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Soft yarn (100% acrylic, 5 oz/141 g, 256 yd/234 m/medium weight) – 1 skein in 1882 Toast (CD), or approximately 230 yd (210.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers.
Skill Level: Easy