This mile-a-minute blanket meets the donation requirements for Project Linus, an organization that distributes handmade blankets to children in need. A combination of yarn types and textured joins make it a comforting and fun sensory experience.
- Finished Size: Baby Blanket: 43” (109 cm) wide x 34” (86.5 cm) long.
- Gauge: 12 dc = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting in the round
- Increasing, seaming, decreasing by skipping stitches, changing colors, crocheting in the back loop
- Pattern includes linked tutorials for identifying the back loop and single crochet seam
- Red Heart Dreamy yarn (100% acrylic, 8.8 oz/250 g, 466 yd/425 m/medium weight) – 1 skein each in 8512 Aqua (CA) and 8311 Ivory (CC), or approximately 466 yd (425 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Dreamy Stripes yarn (100% acrylic, 6.3 oz/180 g, 355 yd/325 m/medium weight) – 1 skein in 9381 Caribbean (CB), or approximately 325 yd (297 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Red Heart Soft yarn (100% acrylic, 5 oz/141 g, 256 yd/234 m/medium weight) – 1 skein in 1882 Toast (CD), or approximately 230 yd (210.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers.
Skill Level: Easy
FREE crochet pattern for a Wildflower Afghan by Little Monkeys Crochet.
This cheerful baby afghan is pieced together with 10 inch granny squares. It’s shown here in a baby size, but you could actually make this as large as you wanted to.
Crochet this pretty and simple laced blanket for your baby or for yourself. It’s the perfect summer blanket, especially if crocheted in a cotton.
FREE crochet pattern for a Unique Crochet Baby Shawl Blanket by Free Crochet Patterns and Designs by LisaAuch.
This baby blanket is worked up in two colors in a stitch pattern that looks great on both sides.
Keep your babies happy with this cheerfully designed baby blanket. It’s crocheted in Tunisian entrelac.