Clusters in the Corner Square
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
A cluster stitch variation of the traditional granny square combines with crossed double crochet stitches for a textured motif that can easily be customized to another size. This is Afghan Block 14 in the Moogly CAL 2018.
- Motif: 12” (30.5 cm) square.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 3 = 5” (13 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, crocheting in rows
- Increasing, crocheting in chain spaces
- Special stitches: cdc, cl (with written explanations and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein each in 1001 White (CA) and 1401 Pewter (CB), or approximately 70 yd (64 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Lime Sherbet Square
This blanket square is made up of four smaller squares.
Through the Window Square
This crochet afghan square pattern is available in multiple sizes, making it a great go-to square to go with other afghan squares.
Off Set Granny Square with Thin or Thick Border
The Off Set Granny Square is a fun take on the traditional version. Change up the directions when you lay them out in a blanket for different looks.
Bumpy Ride Square
Post stitches and bobbles add texture to this square by Underground Crafter.
Bright Star Crochet Square
The Bright Star Crochet Square is a happy afghan square in three colors that can be used alone or with others to make blankets of all sizes.
Stop and Smell the Flowers
This floral granny square combines different textures and stitches for a beautiful look.