Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
A cluster stitch variation of the traditional granny square combines with crossed double crochet stitches for a textured motif that can easily be customized to another size. This is Afghan Block 14 in the Moogly CAL 2018.
- Motif: 12” (30.5 cm) square.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 3 = 5” (13 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, crocheting in rows
- Increasing, crocheting in chain spaces
- Special stitches: cdc, cl (with written explanations and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein each in 1001 White (CA) and 1401 Pewter (CB), or approximately 70 yd (64 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Post stitches and bobbles add texture to this square by Underground Crafter.
The Bright Star Crochet Square is a happy afghan square in three colors that can be used alone or with others to make blankets of all sizes.
This floral granny square combines different textures and stitches for a beautiful look.
Tradition is great, but sometimes a unique granny square is just what you want.
This 12” (30.5 cm) square starts with a textured, berrylicious center and ends with one of my favorite crochet stitch patterns: the v-stitch!
This textured 9-patch granny square was designed for the Wedding Blanket Crochet Along with Marly Bird.