Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This color blocked scarf uses a combination of post stitches to create a grid. If you’re new to post stitches, a video tutorial is linked in the Pattern Notes.
- Finished Size: Adult: 7.25” (18.5 cm) across x 63” (160 cm) long.
- Gauge: 15 sts x 8 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows, changing colors
- Special stitches: BPdc and FPdc (with written instructions in pattern and linked video tutorial)
- Red Heart Heat Wave yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 198 yd/181 m) – 1 skein each in 420 Radio (CA), 410 Passport (CB), 110 Sandy Shores (CC), and 888 Ocean (CD), or approximately 198 yd (181 m) in each of 4 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or any needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy