This simple amigurumi pattern for a fuzzy duckling uses a fur yarn for texture and layered pieces in smooth yarn for a dimensional beak and flippers.
Finished Size: Approximately 6” (cm) tall after stuffing.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing, decreasing, seaming, crocheting in the back loop
- Special stitch pattern: bob, sc2tog (with written instructions and linked video tutorials)
Gauge: Through Rnd 7 in pattern for Body with larger hook = 3” (7.5 cm) diameter. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- King Cole Truffle yarn (100% polyamide, 3.5 oz/100 g, 196 yd/180 m) – 1 skein in 4371 Vanilla (CA), or approximately 60 yd (55 m) in CA in any medium weight or fur yarn.
- King Cole Paradise Beaches yarn (70% acrylic, 30% polyamide, 3.5 oz/100 g, 278 yd/255 m) – 1 skein in 3007 Pink Gin (CB), or approximately 25 yd (23 m) in CA in any light weight yarn.
- NELSONWOOD US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- NELSONWOOD US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- 12 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Locking stitch markers.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Packing Fiber Fill, 10 ounce bag.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.