It’s easy to tell the difference between knit and crochet right!? This little hat might make you look twice :-)
This hat is crocheted from side to side. The top of the hat tapers inwards due to skipped stitches on alternate rows (there are plenty of photos in the pattern to help you out!). Having the top of the hat narrower than the bottom means there is less of a gap to close up when it comes to seaming and cinching in at the top.
Finished Sizes: Toddler/Child/Adult S/Adult M
- Hook: 5mm/H-8 (or any hook that allows you to meet gauge and to crochet the slip stitch ribbing comfortably (see Notes above))
- Yarn: Any Aran/Worsted/#4 weight yarn
- The amounts given here are for Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran (184m/201yds per 100g skein; Weight 4/Aran; 100% Acrylic)
- Toddler: 131 yds/120m (65g)
- Child: 157 yds/144m (78g)
- Adult Small: 197 yds/180m (98g)
- Adult Medium: 219 yds/201m (109g)
Skill Level: Easy
Design by: Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.