Design by Jessie Rayot, owner of Jessie At Home.
That Witch is a crochet witch hat pattern written in four sizes so the whole family can join in the fun! Want a wizard hat? Just finish your hat off after the band. Changes colors or don’t as you wish. The color changes used in the sample are written into the pattern. For the sample a size 4 (worsted weight) yarn was used along with a decorative carry along thread to add some texture and sparkle to the hat. Now you and your squad can be the witches that everyone envies with the That Witch crochet witch hat.
Finished Size: XS (S, M, L)
Gauge: 16 sts x 9 rows = 4” [10 cm] in double crochet
- Yarn: Herrschners Worsted 3 or Worsted 8: (100% Acrylic), Size 4 (10 wpi, 4 weight), yds/g = 2.15
- Eggplant 1050 Color A: (195-215 yds / 90-100 g)
- Lime 1054 Color B: (30-45 yds / 15-20 g)
- Black 1010 Color C: (85-100 yds / 40-45 g)
- Worsted 3 and Worsted 8 are the same yarn, just in a 3 or 8 oz ball. There are more colors in the 8 oz balls.
- Kreinik Blending Filament – Use equal amount of filament as yarn, hold filament with yarn and work as one. This adds some sparkle color variation to your creation.
- Hook: 4.5mm (US 7)
- Other Supplies:
- yarn needle
- 2 yards hat/millinery wire or 1/16″ Aircraft wire rope
- electrical or duct tape
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy the Following:
Crochet Viking Helmet
Crochet Viking Hat