Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Urban Hiker is a unisex, slouchy beanie with great texture! This design was developed as part of the Chic Sheep by Marly Bird Designer Blog Tour.
- Finished Sizes: Newborn (0-6 Months, Toddler, Child, Teen/Adult Small, Adult Large). Photographed sample is Teen/Adult Small. Height measurements do not include pom pom.
- Gauge: 8 hdcBL = 1.5” (4 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for Hat Band), crocheting in the round (for rest of hat)
- Crocheting in the back loop and in the third loop (with linked video tutorials for identifying these loops)
- Special stitches: dc2tog, hdc2tog (with written instructions and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird yarn (100% mercerized Merino wool, 3.5 oz/100 g/186 yd/170 m) – 1 skein each in 5633 Velvet (CA) and 5641 Sterling (CB), or approximately 180 yd (164.5 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Extra Large Pom Pom Maker (optional).
Skill Level: Easy
Leave a Reply