Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Make a bold statement by combining color blocking and thin stripes in this lacy, rectangular shawl. This pattern was designed for the Celebrate Mom Blog Hop with Pattern Paradise.
- Finished Size: Adult: 10” (25.5 cm) wide x 66” (167.5 cm) long after blocking.
- Gauge: Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Use a crochet hook that is several sizes larger than what is recommended for your yarn to create a pleasing drape.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for color blocked and striped sections), crocheting in the round (for border)
- Changing colors (with linked video tutorial)
- Cluster stitches and picots (with linked video tutorials)
- Skipping stitches, crocheting in chain spaces
- Crocheting in the underside of foundation chain (with linked video tutorial)
- Blocking (with linked tutorial)
- Murky Depths Deep Sock yarn (80% superwash Merino wool/20% nylon, 3.5 oz/100 g, 400 yd/366 m) – 1 skein each in Scion (CA) and The Brothers Grimm (CB), or approximately 400 yd (366 m) each in CA and CB in any super fine weight yarn.
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain pleasing drape.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch markers.
- Spray blocking supplies (pins, blocking board or mat, and spray bottle with cold water).
Skill Level: Intermediate