Wear this cozy beanie as shown, or add a pom pom if you like. The twisted texture will look great either way. And although the size is on the smaller side, it looks like a great beanie for both genders.
This textured beanie uses a simple, repetitive stitch combination to create a twist.
Teen/Adult: 9” (23 cm) height x 21” (53.5 cm) circumference.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, seaming (photo tutorial linked in pattern), crocheting in the front loop, crocheting in the back loop, crocheting in the third loop, decreasing (see special stitches)
- Special stitches: 3Ldec, FLdec, sc2tog (with written explanation and video tutorials linked in pattern)
Gauge: 10 sc = 2.25” (6 cm) across with smaller hook. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m) – 1 skein each in 180 Kings Canyon (CA) and 174 Joshua Tree (CB), or approximately 55 yd (50.5 m) in CA and 150 yd (137 m) in CB in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Locking stitch marker.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy