Design by Sarah Ruane from Ned & Mimi.
This chunky crochet hat is super quick to make. It is worked from side-to-side so you are crocheting the ribbing and the body all at once. While this might be a little different to way you usually crochet a hat, once you have done a couple of rows you will be zipping along. And crocheting a hat in this way comes with a few bonuses:
- It’s super easy to customize the circumference of the hat; just keeping adding rows until you’re happy with it! Ending up with a hat that is too tight/too loose is just not an option here ?
- Because the ribbing and body are already joined together you avoid that awkward row where you have to crochet along the edge of the ribbing
- Once you have seamed the edges of the hat you can choose to leave the gap at the top for a messy bun hat or cinch the gap closed for a regular hat.
Yay for options!
Finished Sizes: Toddler/Child/Adult
- Hook: 6mm/J-10 crochet hook (or hook needed to meet gauge) – if you tend to crochet tightly you may need to go to a 6.5mm/K-10.5 hook)
- Yarn: Any Chunky/Weight 5 yarn
- The amounts given here are for Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky (149m/136yds per 100g skein; Weight 5/Chunky; 100% Acrylic)
- Toddler: 74 yds/67m (50g)
- Child: 90 yds/83m (61g)
- Adult Small: 100 yds/110m (74g)
- Adult Medium: 120 yds/109m (80g)
- Misc: Yarn Needle and Stitch Marker
Skill Level: Easy
This crochet beanie pattern is available in all sizes from baby to adult large. And it looks like a nice hat for both genders.
Crochet this beanie in any size you like from baby to adult.
This crochet hat pattern is available in three adult sizes as well as in a child size.
This crochet hat pattern is available in all sizes from preemie to adult large.
This easy crochet pattern is available in multiple sizes. It hast a nice color design that is perfect for both men and women.
This beginner-friendly beanie is available in three sizes from toddler to adult.