By Caitlin Jenkins from Caitlin’s Contagious Creations.
The realistic-looking sunflower pattern is the perfect block for any summer blanket. Mix it up with other flowers, or do an entire afghan with this one.
The sunflower square is made with puff stitches in the center of the flower and two rows of crocodile stitches as the petals. The border of the square is made with a combination of single crochets, half double crochets, and double crochets turn the round sunflower center to a square. It’s an easy+ level pattern. The tutorial includes lots of photos to help the written directions’ clarity.
Finished Size: 10″ x 10″ square
You will need a worsted weight yarn and an H crochet hook. The square calls for at least 3 different colors, the color for the center of the flower, the petal color, and the color(s) you want to use as the border square.
Skill Level: Easy
Other Patterns to Try:
- 16 Hexagon Motifs
- 20 Easy Crochet Squares You Can Use To Make Blankets
- 12 Free Crochet Patterns for 12 Inch Squares
- 12 Free Crochet Hexagon Patterns
- 16 Free Crochet Patterns for Circle-in-a-Square Motifs
- 20 Free Crochet Hexagon Patterns
- 10 Granny Squares Crochet Patterns
- 10 Solid Granny Square Patterns
- Crochet Pattern Roundup – Squares
- Unusual Granny Square Patterns
- 35 Free Crochet Afghan Square Patterns