The candy corn colors make this toy ideal for Halloween. But choose a different set of colors to make this for any other holiday or for throughout the year.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This adorable, rag-doll style seasonal amigurumi softie is large enough to nap on as a pillow or to hug. Add a decorative face to give your Kernel more character.
Finished Size: 15” (38 cm) tall before stuffing.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, seaming, increasing, changing colors
- Pattern includes link to photo tutorial for seaming with single crochet
Gauge: 10 sc = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not required for this pattern. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn (100% acrylic, 5 oz/140 g, 81 yd/74 m) – 1 skein in 100 New York White (CA) and 2 skeins each in 133 Syracuse Orange (CB) and 158 Pittsburgh Yellow (CC), or approximately 40 yd (36.5 m) in CA, 162 yd (142 m) in CB, and 120 yd (110 m) in CC in any super bulky weight yarn.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- 16 mm round comic safety eyes – 1 pair.
- 13 mm black oval craft nose – 1.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 32 ounce bag.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch marker.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy