Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Whether you’re looking for a gift for Valentine’s Day or a cute toy for your child to play with, look no further than this Love Critter.
This adorable softie is ready to love. Its floppy arms and legs make it perfect for hugging and carrying around.
- Finished Size: Approximately 15.75” (40 cm) tall from tip of ears to bottom of legs before stuffing.
- Gauge: Head through Rnd 12 = 4.75” (12 cm) diameter in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting over yarn tails, crocheting in the front loop only, changing colors, seaming with whipstitch and single crochet, embroidery backstitch (pattern includes links to photo or video tutorials for each)
- Special stitch: sc2tog (pattern includes written instructions and links to video tutorial)
- Furls Worsted Whims Merino yarn (50% superwash Merino wool/50% nylon, 3.5 oz/100 g/120 yd/109 m) – 1 skein each in Pink (CA), Lavender (CB), Spearmint (CC), and Periwinkle (CD), or approximately 120 yd (109 m) in CA, 65 yd (59.5 m) in CB, 25 yd (23 m) in CC, and 10 yd (9 m) in CD in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 12 ounce bag.
- 12 mm cat safety eyes – 1 pair.
Skill Level: Easy