This slightly slouchy beanie has a wide, textured hat band. This project was designed to meet the donation requirements for Lion Brand’s #HatNotHate initiative.
Teen/Adult Small: 20” (51 cm) hat circumference x 9.75” (25 cm) height.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows for the Hat Band, crocheting in the round for the rest of the hat, skipping stitches, seaming, increasing
- Special stitch patterns: dc2tog, FPdc, sc2tog (with written instructions and linked video tutorials in pattern)
20 sts = 4.5” (11.5 cm) in pattern for Hat Band with smaller hook. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Lion Brand Jeans yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 246 yd/225 m) – 1 skein each in 105 Faded (CA) and 108 Brand New (CB), or approximately 160 yd (146.5 m) in CA and 130 yd (119 m) in CB in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm and US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hooks, or any sizes needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Design by Underground Crafter.