This simple triangle shawl pattern works up quickly in a chunky yarn. This shawl doubles as a cuddly scarf when wrapped around your neck.
This pattern was originally published in the December, 2014 issue of I Like Crochet.
Finished Size is for Adult: 73” (185.5 cm) across wingspan x 13” (33 cm) spine depth.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, increasing, decreasing, changing colors, crocheting in chain spaces, crocheting in back loop
- Special stitch pattern: dc2tog, dc3tog, FPdc (with written instructions in pattern and linked tutorials)
Gauge: 10 sts x 6 rows = 4” (10 cm) in shawl pattern before blocking. Exact gauge is not required for this pattern.
- Patons Classic Wool Roving yarn (100% wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 120 yd/109 m) – 3 skeins in 77709 Cherry (MC) and 1 skein in CC, or approximately 345 yd (31.5 m) in MC and 105 yd (96 m) in CC in any bulky weight yarn.
- US Size L-11/8 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers.
Note: CC in photographed sample is in a discontinued yarn (Patons Colorwul in 90742 Ocean), but you can easily substitute any bulky weight yarn.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.