Design by Miroslava Mihalkova from Exquisite Crochet UK.
The shawl is a great option for colder autumn mornings and evenings when in a need of warm yet elegant accessory. Long transitions of reds and pinks bring back memories of gardens in full bloom during spring and summer days.
- The Shawl is worked flat, RS facing from right to left.
- The pattern is worked in sections formed of squares and triangles (only on edges of every other row to create straight edges).
- Yarn is bound off after each row (of squares), then re-attached at the beginning of the consecutive row (of squares).
Finished Size: The final shawl measurements (blocked): 189 cm x 60 cm (approx. 74.5 x 23.5 in)
- Scheepjes Secret Garden (60% polyester, 20% silk, 20% cotton, | DK | 50 g (1.8 oz) = 93 m (102 yds)), Falling Blossom 15 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 5.5 mm (US size I/9) or size to obtain the gauge
- 20.5 cm (8 in) wide piece of carboard
- Tapestry needle
Skill Level: Intermediate