This rippled, rectangular granny stitch shawl is long enough to wrap yourself in comfort. It can be worn as a shawl or wide scarf. The combination of stripes and color blocking make a dramatic statement piece. The simple, one row repeat pattern makes this a perfect prayer shawl or mindful crochet project.
- Finished Size is for Adult: 14” (35.5 cm) width x 62.5” (159 cm) length.
- Gauge: Width in pattern = 14” (35.5 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows
- Skipping stitches, increasing, crocheting in spaces between stitches
- Special stitch: cl (with written instructions and link to video tutorial in pattern)
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m) – 2 skeins ea in 156 Guadalupe Mountains (CA) and 105 Glacier Bay (CB), and 1 skein in 98 Acadia (CB), or approximately 305 yd (279 m) in CA, 251 yd (230 m) in CB, and 470 yd (430 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
You might also be interested in more granny stitch crochet patterns.