Choose your own pathway when crocheting this square. Alternate positioning of the inner squares will create different looks. It’s called the Pathways Square because the pattern makes it easy to choose your own pathway and make the square uniquely your own. This pattern was designed for the 2022 Moogly Crochet Along.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing
- Crocheting in the back loop only (includes link to video tutorial)
- Seaming with the slip stitch stitch (includes video tutorial)
- Special stitch pattern: cdc (includes written instructions and video tutorial)
- Gauge: Inner Square = 4.5” (11.5 cm) square in pattern.
- Finished Size: 12″
- Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein each in 1502 Iced Blue (CA) and 1623 Mallard (CB), or approximately 66 yd (60.5 m) in CA and 85 yd (78 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Bent tip yarn needle.
Skill Level: Beginner
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
This Tunisian stitch Afghan square is available in multiple sizes ranging from 4″-27″.
This c2c crochet afghan square pattern is available in multiple sizes, making it a great go-to pattern to incorporate into afghans with other squares.
Use this 12 inch square to make a bright and beautiful floral blanket for the summer. Use the same color sequence throughout or mix and match to clean up your stash.
This creative afghan square is perfect for Valentine’s, Christmas or year-round use!
If you love simple textures then you will love this crochet afghan square. It starts off in circle, is worked into a square for a beautiful design.
This circle in a square afghan square features simple textures that would look superb in an afghan by itself or with other squares.