Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The easy crochet square pattern for the Ethel Square. This easy pattern uses back loops and stitch combinations to create texture.
Finished Size: Motif = 6” (15 cm
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (Solids: 100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m; Tweeds: 94% acrylic/6% rayon, 4 oz/113 g, 200 yd/183 m): 14 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,320 yards/3,036 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- Clover Amour US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Clover Tassel Maker in Large or Small, or the bundle of both sizes (optional, but very helpful if you plan to finish your blanket with tassels).
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
This crochet circle in a square pattern has a nice texture that will look great by itself, or when combined with other squares in a blanket.
Here are a few ideas:
Not only is this 6 inch crochet square beginner-friendly, but it is also beautiful and makes for a nice stashbuster.
This c2c crochet afghan square pattern is available in multiple sizes, making it a great go-to pattern to incorporate into afghans with other squares.
This cheerful sunflower granny square measures six inches square, and is perfect for blankets, pillows and other fun summer projects.
Here is another pretty square with lots of textures that can be worked in any afghan as well as many other crochet projects as well!
This floral square is perfect for summer blankets. It’ll be perfect on its own, or you can combine it with other six inch squares.
This easy crochet six inch square pattern features a pretty bobble design along with some lace to make it fun for decorating your home.