Bumpy Ride Square
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Post stitches and bobbles add texture to this square. Make your version 6” or 12”. This square is part of the You’ve Got Options Crochet Along with CAL Central.
- Finished Motif: Through Rnd 7 = 6” (15 cm); through Rnd 14 = 12” (30.5 cm).
- Gauge: Through Rnd 7 = 6” (15 cm) in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only, skipping stitches, crocheting in chain spaces
- Special stitches: bob, FPdc, FPsc (with written instructions and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Lion Brand Crayola Cake yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/85 g, 177 yd/162 m) – 1 skein in 605N Aquamarine, or approximately 150 yd/137 m of any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Other Patterns to Try:
- Lace Square
- Shells Aflutter 12 Inch Afghan Square
- Rising Sun 12 Inch Afghan Square
- Penelope’s Skipping Stones 12 Inch Square
- Celebrating the Heart 12-Inch Square