Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
The Bernice Square combines bobbles and mock bobbles to create fun textures.
Finished Size: Motif = 6” (15 cm) in pattern.
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (Solids: 100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m; Tweeds: 94% acrylic/6% rayon, 4 oz/113 g, 200 yd/183 m): 14 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,320 yards/3,036 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- Clover Amour US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Clover Tassel Maker in Large or Small, or the bundle of both sizes (optional, but very helpful if you plan to finish your blanket with tassels).
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
See More 6″ Squares:
Here is another beautifully textured six inch square that you can mix and match with other squares. And it looks like it would look great in a striped design as well.
Although a simple square, this one features a beautiful and textured border that will look great in just about any project.
The basketweave stitch is a nice texture that you can combine with many other textures for a beautiful blanket.
If you love the circle in a square concept then you will love this six inch square, which features a pretty floral design in the middle.
X’s and O’s are perfect for Valentine’s Day. And this six inch square can be used to make a blanket, pillows or mats to help you decorate.
If you love textures then you will love this textured chevron square. It measures six inches square, which makes it super easy to incorporate into many projects.