Stop and Smell the Flowers
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This floral granny square combines different textures and stitches for a beautiful look. This project was designed for the Mini-Mystery Crochet Along #14 with A Crocheted Simplicity.
- Finished Size: Motif = 12” (30.5 cm) square.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 7 = 5” (13 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not required for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces, decreasing by skipping stitches
- Special stitch patterns: cdc and FPdc (with written instructions and linked video tutorials)
- Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein in 1939 Papaya (CA), 1 skein in 1441 Light Grey (CB), and 1 skein in 1502 Iced Aqua (CC), or approximately 80 yd (73 m) in CA, 35 yd (32 m) in CB, and 50 yd (45.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Other Patterns to Try:
- Reverb Granny Square
- Bumpy Ride Square
- Circle of Life – 12″ Square
- 12″ Wildflower Granny Square No. 2
- Bright Star Crochet Square
- 16 Hexagon Motifs
- 20 Easy Crochet Squares You Can Use To Make Blankets
- 12 Free Crochet Patterns for 12 Inch Squares
- 12 Free Crochet Hexagon Patterns
- 16 Free Crochet Patterns for Circle-in-a-Square Motifs
- 20 Free Crochet Hexagon Patterns
- 10 Granny Squares Crochet Patterns
- 10 Solid Granny Square Patterns
- Crochet Pattern Roundup – Squares
- Unusual Granny Square Patterns
- 35 Free Crochet Afghan Square Patterns