The Stacked Shells Variation Section is a simple variation on the Stacked Shells Section. Both are easy peasy!
This pattern is part of the Sectional Blanket Crochet Along, a mystery crochet along for a throw blanket crocheted in 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm) sections, the size preferred by our charity partner, Warm Up America. New clues will be released on Fridays through December 16, 2022.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting in back loops only (includes link to video tutorial)
Finished Size: 7″ x 9″ (18 cm x 23 cm)
- WeCrochet Brava Worsted yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/100 g, 218 yd/200 m): 18 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,750 yards/3,429 meters in any medium weight yarn for the entire blanket.
- I am using the following colors for my version:
- Color A/28437 Marina,
- Color B/29246 Tidal Speckle,
- Color C/28454 Tranquil,
- Color D/29247 Snow Day Speckle,
- Color E/28422 Cornflower,
- Color F/28419 Clarity, and
- Color G/28451 Sky
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn
- Locking stitch marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming)
- Bent-tip yarn needle
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
Not only is this rectangle beginner-friendly, but it is also beautifully textured on both sides!
If you love the look of shells, then you will enjoy working this rectangular piece into any cozy winter blanket.
The puff stitch combined with the variegated yarn makes this a pretty rectangle to incorporate into your next afghan.
The wattle stitch gives you a nice texture on both sides of the fabric. Plus, it works up easy, making it great for anyone who has the basics down.
This textured rectangle is not only beautiful, but it also looks cozy for making winter blankets.
The textures in this crochet rectangle fall into a nice column. It is easy to crochet and perfect for matching up with other rectangles.