Wilbur Pig is the second of three animal pillow pals made using pillow inserts for the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter!
Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only
Seaming using whipstitch and single crochet (with linked photo tutorials)
Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be tight so that pillow doesn’t show through.
Fits a 16” (40.5 cm) round pillow form.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein in 373 Petal Pink (CA), 1 skein in 3950 Charcoal (CB), and 1 skein in 312 Black (CC), or approximately 364 yd (333 m) in CA, 30 yd (27.5 m) in CB, and 5 yd (4.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier 16” Round Accent Pillow Insert.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Fill.
- 12 mm round black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set, or locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.