This simple crochet triangle shawl pattern is easily modified for different seasons. The long, isosceles triangle shape makes it easy to wrap around the shoulders and the lace edging adds a touch of elegance. This pattern was originally published in the April, 2014 issue of I Like Crochet.
Finished Size: Customizable. Photographed sample measures 62” (157.5 cm) across wingspan x 11” (28 cm) deep along spine.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for main body of shawl), crocheting in the round (for edging), increasing, crocheting in chain spaces, decreasing, changing color
- Special stitch patterns: dc2tog and dc4tog (with written explanation and linked photo tutorials in pattern)
Gauge: 15 sts x 8 rows = 4” (10 cm) in shawl pattern before blocking. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Cascade 220 Superwash yarn (100% superwash wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 220 yd/200 m) – 2 skeins in 1915 Banana Cream (MC) and 1942 Mint, or approximately 350 yd (320 m) in MC and 80 yd (73 m) in any light medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Underground Crafter.