This show-stopping motif blanket features 6-petal mayapple flowers. A self-striping yarn does all the colorwork for you, so there are fewer ends to weave in on this colorful, motif project.
This pattern is also available as part of a kit on Bluprint (formerly Craftsy).
- Stroller Blanket: 23” (58.5 cm) wide x 30.25” (77 cm) long.
- Baby Blanket: 37.5” (95 cm) square.
- Child’s Blanket: 44.75” (113.5 cm) wide x 52” (132 cm) long.
- Throw: 52” (132 cm) square.
Gauge: Motif = 7.25” (18.5 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, increasing, skipping stitches, crocheting in chain spaces, joining motifs
- Special stitches: cdc and pf (with written explanation in pattern)
- Sprightly Spectrum Worsted yarn (50% acrylic/50% wool, 3.5 oz/100 g/190 yd/174 m) – 5 (10, 13, 18) skeins in 506-005 Mai Tai, or approximately 881 yd (1781 yd, 2956 yd, 3,420 yd/805.5 m (1628.5 m, 2602.5 m, 3,127 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Free crochet pattern for a granny square blanket by Petals to Picots. The blanket is great for scrapbusting.
Free crochet pattern for a rockin’ summer beach towel by ELK Studio. The towel is great for outside or inside use.
Crochet this gorgeous striped chevron afghan for the summer or winter!
The striped columns is what makes this beautiful blanket unique.
I love the triangle shapes and colors in this afghan. It’s crocheted in a spiral that starts in the center.
This colorful afghan is shown here in fun Mexican colors; but the beauty of crochet is that you are the artist and can choose any colors that you choose.