Use the traditional granny square to mimic the look of the classic quilt pattern. The finished size covers a double bed.
Gauge: Granny Square = 4” (10 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round (for squares and most of borders), crocheting flat in rows (for additional borders)
- Skipping stitches, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces
- Medium weight yarn in 3 colors – approximately 1,460 yds (1,335 m) in gold (CA), 1,780 yd (1,628 m) in cream (CB), and 3,470 yd (3,173 m) in black (CC).
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
You Might Also Enjoy The Following
This beautifully textured blanket can be crocheted to any size you need from baby to a full-sized throw!
Who doesn’t love a soft snuggle blanket like this? Not only is this soft, but the pattern is easy and mindless to work on.
Crocheted up in the classic granny stitch, this crochet blanket pattern can be crocheted to any size you need, using any yarn and hook size.
Not only is this pretty textured blanket easy and mindless, but you can also crochet this to any size you need.
This beautifully textured crochet blanket pattern is customizable in size. Plus, it is gender-neutral, making it a great pattern to make for everyone.
This crochet blanket is worked with three rows at a time. It has a beautiful to compliment any room of your home. Plus, it can be adjusted in size.