Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Use the traditional granny square to mimic the look of the classic quilt pattern. The finished size covers a double bed.
Gauge: Granny Square = 4” (10 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round (for squares and most of borders), crocheting flat in rows (for additional borders)
- Skipping stitches, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces
- Medium weight yarn in 3 colors – approximately 1,460 yds (1,335 m) in gold (CA), 1,780 yd (1,628 m) in cream (CB), and 3,470 yd (3,173 m) in black (CC).
- US Size J-10/6 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy