Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Weather the next storm with the Auntie Em Twister Hat! This textured, knit-look slouchy hat includes a simple twist made by working the stitch pattern without joins. This pattern was designed for the 5th annual Cancer Challenge with Sweet Potato 3.
- Finished Sizes: Newborn (Infant, Toddler, Pre-School Child, Teen/Adult Small, Adult Large).
- Gauge: 8 sts = 2.5” (6.5 cm) in pattern for Hat Band. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for hat band), crocheting in the round (for rest of hat)
- Crocheting in the back loop, crocheting in the 3rd loop on
hdcstitches (with linked videos to help you identify these loops)
- Special stitches: 3Ldec and FLdec (with written instructions and linked video tutorials in
- Sprightly Acrylic Super Bulky yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/109 yd/100 m) – 1 skein in 502-016 Crimson (CA) and 1 (1, 1, 1, 2, 2) skeins in 502-010 Medium Grey (CB), or approximately 28 yd (38 yd, 48 yd, 55 yd, 70 yd, 77 yd)/25.5 m (35 m, 44 m, 50 m, 64 m, 70.5 m) in CA and 47 yd (66 yd, 82 yd, 90 yd, 120 yd, 135 yd)/43 m (60 m, 75 m, 82.5 m, 110 m, 123.5 m) in CB in any super bulky weight yarn.
- US Size L-11/8 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- Clover Pom Pom Maker
insize for appropriate project(optional).
Skill Level: Easy