Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This cozy, textured beanie works up quickly in a super bulky yarn. The stitch pattern highlights the twist from crocheting in the round.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, half double crochet, single crochet
- Crocheting crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting in the back and third loops (includes linked video tutorials)
- Decreasing (includes linked video tutorial)
- Crocheting into skipped stitches
- Seaming (includes linked tutorials)
- 6 sts = 2” (5 cm) wide in pattern for Hat Band with smaller hook. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- 11 hdc = 4” (10 cm) wide with larger hook. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Teen/Adult: 21” (53.5 cm) hat circumference x 8.5” (21.5 cm) height.
- King Cole Timeless Super Chunky yarn (90% acrylic/10% alpaca, 3.5 oz/100 g/87 yd/80 m) – 1 skein each in 4454 Grey (CA) and 4453 Turquoise (CB), or approximately 81 yd (74 m) in CA and 58 yd (53 m) in CB in any super bulky weight yarn.
- US Size K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- US Size L-11/9 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy