This striped scarf keeps you cozy against the chill of the night. The simple ripple pattern doesn’t use any complicated decreases, and there’s no need to weave in any ends because of the fringed edges.
- The finished size is for an adult sized scarf: 55.5” (141 cm) long x 5.5” (14 cm) wide without fringe; 65” (165 cm) long with fringe.
- Gauge: 1 ripple (from valley to valley) = 2.5” (6.5 cm) across in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows and changing colors
- Increasing and decreasing
- Pattern includes linked video and photo tutorials for crocheting with long foundation chains, changing colors, making fringe, and cutting fringe with a rotary cutter
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 149 yd/136 m) – 2 skeins in 315 Red Wine (CA) and 1 skein each in 308 Light Caramel (CB) and 310 Coffee Bean (CC), or approximately 170 yd (155.5 m) in CA and 75 yd (68.5 m) in CB and CC in any bulky weight yarn.
- US K-10.5/6.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Cutting mat, quilting ruler, and rotary cutter (optional, for trimming fringe) – I used my Fiskars Folding Cutting Mat, Fiskars Folding Ruler, and Fiskars 45 mm Easy Change Ergo Control Rotary Cutter.
Skill Level: Easy