Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
8″ cluster stitch granny square, the Agnes Square. This pattern has a cluster stitch granny square at the center and added texture from crocheting in the back and third loops. What’s a cluster stitch, you ask? It’s basically a bobble that is flattened because there are spaces on the side of it. I’ve linked a video tutorial if you’re new to cluster stitches.
Finished Size: Motif = 8” (20.5 cm)
- Lion Brand Heartland yarn (Solids: 100% acrylic, 5 oz/142 g, 251 yd/230 m; Tweeds: 94% acrylic/6% rayon, 4 oz/113 g, 200 yd/183 m): 14 skeins in your choice of colors, or approximately 3,320 yards/3,036 meters in any medium weight yarn.
- Clover Amour US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size that matches gauge or you prefer using with medium weight yarn.
- Clover Tassel Maker in Large or Small, or the bundle of both sizes (optional, but very helpful if you plan to finish your blanket with tassels).
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set (optional, but helpful for marking the front and holding pieces together for seaming).
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
This c2c crochet afghan square pattern is available in multiple sizes, making it a great go-to pattern to incorporate into afghans with other squares.
If you love the C2C, then you’ll love this basic square with a nice simple edging around it. Plus, it’s perfect for many crochet projects, not just blankets.
These diagonal textures are pretty enough to put into any afghan. It looks like the textures are designed to line up perfectly with other squares.
Use this bobble square to make a blanket or a pillow. Use a solid color, or a combination of colors to brighten up any room in your home.
This beautiful afghan square is sure to look lovely in any afghan. Use this as your main square or mix it up with other squares for a beautiful sampler.
With a beautiful textured design, this afghan square is perfect for mixing with other squares the same size.