This huggable amigurumi toy has as much character as its namesake, the red panda. A rectangular granny square on its belly is the perfect size for including a gift card.
Finished Size is 12” (30.5 cm) height.
Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
Crocheting in the round, crocheting flat in rows (for Ears)
Increasing, decreasing, seaming
Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 256 Carrot (CA), 312 Black (CB), and 334 Buff (CC), or approximately 140 yd (128 m) in CA, 70 yd (64 m) in CB, and 20 yd (18 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 12 mm black craft eyes –1 pair.
- 13 mm black oval craft nose – 1 piece.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set, or locking stitch markers.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Fill, 16 oz. bag.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.