Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This playful monster adds a bit of handmade fun to a basic beanie pattern in light weight yarn. This pattern is part of the second annual Halloween Crochet Along with CAL Central.
- Newborn: 12.5” (32 cm) hat circumference x 5” (13 cm) length.
- Infant/Toddler: 16” (40.5 cm) hat circumference x 6.75” (17 cm) length.
- Child: 19” (48.5 cm) hat circumference x 7” (18 cm) length.
- Teen/Adult: 22” (56 cm) hat circumference x 7.5” (19 cm) length.
- Adult Large: 26” (66 cm) hat circumference x 8.5” (21.5cm) length.
Gauge: Through Rnd 4 with larger hook in pattern = 4” (10 cm) diameter. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, crocheting flat in rows, increasing, seaming
- Special stitch: bob (with written explanation and video tutorial linked in pattern)
- King Cole Paradise Beaches DK yarn (70% acrylic/30% polyamide, 3.5 oz/100 g, 278 yd/255 m) – 1 skein each in 3006 Electric Lemonade (CA), 3002 White Russian (CB), and 3008 Strawberry Daquiri (CC), or approximately 60 yd (100 yd, 120 yd, 150 yd, 200 yd)/55 m (91.5 m, 110 m, 137 m, 183 m) in CA, 15 yd (14 m) CB, and 6 yd (5.5 m) CC in any light weight acrylic or acrylic blend yarn.
- Nelsonwood Walnut Shell US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Nelsonwood Black Cat US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set.
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy