Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This lovey combines a gingerbread friend with the traditional granny square blanket for a winter-themed comfort blankie. This is the first pattern in the third annual Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter.
Finished Lovey: Approximately 20” (51 cm) square.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, increasing, changing colors
- Magic ring, seaming with the whipstitch (includes linked photo tutorials)
- Crocheting in the back loop, embroidery back stitch, standing double crochet, standing single crochet (includes linked video tutorials)
- Special stitch: invdec (includes written description and linked video tutorial)
- Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn (100% acrylic, 16 oz/454 g, 1,020 yd/932 m) – 1 skein in 126 Umber (CA), or approximately 385 yd (352 m) in CA in any medium weight yarn.
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Premium yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/219 yd/220 m) – 1 skein each in 113 Garnet (CB) and 172 Ivy (CC), or approximately 95 yd (87 m) in CB and 65 yd (59.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- WeCrochet Bright US Size E-4/3.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- WeCrochet Bright US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 12 ounce bag.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch markers.
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
- With smaller hook, through Rnd 11 in pattern for Bobblehead = 4” (10 cm) diameter.
- With larger hook, 17 sts in pattern for Blanket (4 dc+ch-1 sp clusters + 1 st) = 4” (10 cm) across.
Skill Level: Easy
This red panda lovey crochet pattern is the perfect gift for both baby boys and girls.
With multiple uses, this lovey pattern is the perfect gift at baby showers and birthday parties for older children.
This crochet lovey pattern is worked up in a super bulky yarn, making it the perfect last-minute gift idea.
This beautiful baby lovey features the Jacob’s ladder stitch to add in some beautiful textures.
The gray and pink elephant lovey is perfect for a girl.
The pattern includes instructions for 12 different sizes from lovey to king size bed.