Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This mesh, rainbow striped slouchy hat is a cheerful accessory to wear in transitional weather. This pattern was designed for donation to Knit the Rainbow, a charity that distributes handmade clothing and accessories to homeless LGBTQ+ youth. This pattern is part of my charity spotlight series of free crochet patterns designed for donation.
- Teen/Adult Small (Adult Large). Photographed sample is Teen/Adult Small.
- Teen/Adult Small: 21” (53.5 cm) hat circumference x 8.5” (21.5 cm) height.
- Adult Large: 24” (61 cm) hat circumference x 9.5” (24 cm) height.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting in the round, increasing
- Special stitches: dc2tog (includes written description and linked photo tutorial) and sc2tog (includes written description and linked video tutorial)
- WeCrochet Comfy Worsted yarn (75% cotton/25% acrylic, 1.75 oz/60 g, 109 yd/100 m) – 1 skein each in 28010 Fiesta Red (CA), 25771 Carrot (CB), 28011 Honey (CC), 28013 Ivy (CD), 25314 Celestial (CE), and 24798 Lilac (CF), or approximately 40 yd (55 yd)/ 36.5 m (50.5 m) in each of 6 colors in any medium weight, cotton blend yarn.
- WeCrochet Bright US Size 7/4.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle.
Gauge: Through Rnd 4 in pattern = 4.25” (11 cm) diameter. For best fit, always check your gauge.
Skill Level: Intermediate
The two colors make this crochet slouchy beanie fun to wear with your favorite outfits.
This crochet slouchy beanie pattern is beginner-friendly. The free version is available in one size only for a teen/adult small.
This slouchy hat features a nice striped design along with some pretty textures. And it’s perfect for both men and women.
This fun and easy slouchy hat pattern is worked up in squares around the brim of the hat, which makes it perfect for cleaning up bits and pieces of yarn.
This easy crochet slouchy beanie is available in all sizes from baby to adult. Plus, it is perfect for both genders as well.
This beautiful beret is quick and easy to crochet up and is available in two women’s sizes.