Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This simple slouchy hat is crocheted flat with two basic Tunisian crochet stitches. This is the first pattern in the 2018 New Year, New Skill Crochet Along with CAL Central Crochet. Join us on Facebook and Ravelry for crochet fun year round!
Finished Size: Adult: 23” (58.5 cm) hat circumference x 8.5” (21.5 cm) height.
- Basic crochet stitch: chain
- Basic Tunisian crochet stitches: Tunisian purl stitch, Tunisian simple stitch (with written explanation and linked video tutorials in pattern)
- Crocheting flat in rows
- Decreasing with Tss2tog and Tps2tog (with written explanations and linked video tutorial in pattern)
Gauge: 5 sts = 2” (5 cm) in pattern for band. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick yarn (80% acrylic/20% wool, 6 oz/170 g/106 yd/97 m) – 1 skein each in 640 Marble (CA) and 535 River Run (CB), or approximately 32 yd (29 m) in CA and 88 yd (80.5 m) in CB in any super bulky yarn.
- US Size N-15/10 mm Tunisian crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy