Spot Dog is the third of three animal pillow pals made using pillow inserts for the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter!
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only, decreasing
- Seaming using whipstitch and single crochet (with linked photo tutorials)
- Special stitch: dc2tog (with written instructions in pattern and linked video tutorial)
Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be tight so that pillow doesn’t show through.
Fits a 16” (40.5 cm) round pillow form.
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 2 skeins in 311 White (CA), 1 skein in 312 Black (CB), and 1 skein in 373 Petal Pink (CC), or approximately 395 yd (361 m) in CA, 45 yd (41 m) in CB, and 5 yd (4.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier 16” Round Accent Pillow Insert.
- 10.5 mm round blue safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker set, or locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Underground Crafter.