Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This reversible amigurumi pattern includes two variations – a simple skull and a sugar skull. Make both variations for a two-sided softie, or choose one to repeat on both sides, or keep one side blank in your version. This pattern was designed for the 2019 Halloween Crochet Along with CAL Central.
- Finished Size: Approximately 7” (18 cm) across at widest point before stuffing.
- Gauge: Through Rnd 9 = 4” (10 cm) diameter. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only, crocheting in the front loop only, skipping stitches, changing colors
- Seaming using single crochet (with linked photo tutorials)
- Red Heart Super Saver (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 311 White (CA), 312 Black (CB), and 319 Cherry Red (CC), or approximately 130 yd (119 m) in CA, 35 yd (32 m) in CB, and 20 yd (18.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- 15 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Packing Fiber Fill.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- Clover Chibi tapestry/yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy