Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
With an orange scarf, nose, and whiskers this cat is ready for some Halloween fun. Change the scarf color to update the softie for other occasions. This is the first pattern in the 2018 Halloween Crochet Along.
- Finished Size: Approximately 10.5” (26.5 cm) tall from feet to top of head after stuffing.
- Gauge: 18 sc x 20 rows = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows (for Nose and Ears), crocheting in the round (for other parts)
- Crocheting the back loop, seaming
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein each in 312 Black (CA) and 256 Carrot (CB), or approximately 115 yd (105 m) in CA and 45 yd (41 m) in CB in any medium weight yarn.
- US F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Fiber Fill.
- 12 mm cat craft/safety eyes – 1 pair.
Skill Level: Easy