Work up one of these adorable pouches, featuring an asymmetrical flap, picot edges, and a twisted crochet cable, for a delightful notions pouch, artist’s sketchbook cover, or casual clutch.
Finished Size: 10.5” (26.5 cm) wide x 6” (15 cm) tall with flap closed after blocking.
Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
Crocheting flat in rows
Crocheting in the back loop, skipping stitches
Special stitches: FPdc and picot (with written explanations in pattern)
25 sc = 4” (10 cm) unblocked. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- La Brebis Marled Sock (80% wool/20% nylon, 3.5 oz/100 g/440 yd/402 m) – 1 skein, or approximately 220
yd(201 m) in any super fine weight yarn.
- US Size F-5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 7/8” (22 mm) sew through or shank button.
- Yarn needle that fits through button eyes.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.