Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This adorable crochet polar bear pattern is beginner friendly and makes a great gift!
- Gauge: 19 sc = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern but stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Finished Size for Softie: 10” (25.5 cm) tall x 8.5” (21.5 cm) wide before seaming and stuffing.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Magic ring, seaming with whipstitch and single crochet (pattern includes links to photo or video tutorials for each)
- Lion Brand Basic Stitch Premium yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g/219 yd/220 m) – 2 skeins in 100 Snow, or approximately 325 yd (297 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Nelsonwood Black Cat US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 32 ounce bag.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or locking stitch markers.
- 15 mm black triangle craft nose – 1.
- 15 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Clover Chibi yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy