Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Theodore Bear is the first of three animal pillow pals made using pillow inserts for the 2019 Christmas in July Make Along with Underground Crafter!
- Finished Size: Fits a 16” (40.5 cm) round pillow form.
- Gauge: Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be tight so that pillow doesn’t show through.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round, increasing, crocheting in the back loop only, changing colors
- Seaming using whipstitch and single crochet (with linked photo tutorials)
- Red Heart Super Saver yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/364 yd/333 m) – 2 skeins in 365 Coffee (CA), 1 skein in 360 Café Latte (CB), 1 skein in 312 Black (CC), 1 skein in 311 White (CD), or approximately 437 yd (399.5 m) in CA, 45 yd (41 m) in CB, and 5 yd (4.5 m) each in CC and CD in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier 16” Round Accent Pillow Insert.
- 16 mm round comic safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy