This crochet slouchy beanie pattern is available in sizes from baby to adult. It’s a beautiful stitch design that could work for both men and women. And it’s a perfect match for the Sonic Waves Cowl.
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This colorful and slightly slouchy beanie is made with a simple combination of stitches with alternating heights and coordinates with the Sonic Waves Cowl. It is a perfect project for mini skeins and is the second of four patterns made from a single Brava Mini Pack with 24 mini skeins of yarn.
Photographed sample is size Teen/Adult.
- Infant: 14.25” (36 cm) hat circumference x 5.75” (14.5 cm) length.
- Child: 17.5” (44.5 cm) hat circumference x 7.75” (19.5 cm) length.
- Teen/Adult: 20.5” (52 cm) hat circumference x 8” (20.5 cm) length.
Gauge: Through Rnd 4 = 4.5” (11.5 cm) diameter in pattern. For best fit, always check your gauge.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting in the round, changing colors
- Crocheting the back loop, crocheting over yarn tails (pattern includes links to video tutorials for each)
- WeCrochet Brava yarn Mini Packs (100% acrylic, 18 oz/600 g/1308 yd/1196 m) in 28460 Blues – 1 mini skein each in 28455 White (A), 28409 Alfalfa (B), 28432 Fig (C), 28422 Cornflower (D), 28437 Marina (E), 28427 Denim (F), 28453 Tidepool (G), 28434 Grass (H), 28420 Cobblestone Heather (I), 28429 Dublin (J), 28452 Solstice Heather (K), and 28411 Asphalt Heather (L), or approximately 38 yd (34.5 m) in A; 5 yd (4.5 m) in B; 45 yd (41 m) in C; 9 yd (8 m) in D; 14 yd (13 m) each in E, F, I, and J; 16 yd (14.5 m) each in G and K; 11 yd (10 m) each in H and L in any medium weight yarn. NOTE: Yarn requirements are listed for largest size; smaller sizes will require less yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy