Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
As shown, this cowl is the perfect size for a cozy neck cowl underneath a jacket. But you can easily increase the size if needed as per instructions within the pattern notes.
This cozy cowl is made with a simple combination of stitches with alternating heights and no increases or decreases. It is a perfect project for mini skeins and is the first of four patterns made from a single Brava Mini Pack with 24 mini skeins of yarn.
- Teen/Adult: 28” (71 cm) circumference x 6” (15 cm) height after joining and adding border.
- Gauge: 21 sts = 5.5” (14 cm) wide in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch, treble (triple) crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round
- Crocheting the back loop, changing colors, crocheting over yarn tails, adding single crochet edging (pattern includes links to video tutorials for each)
- Seaming (pattern includes link to photo tutorial)
- WeCrochet Brava yarn Mini Packs (100% acrylic, 18 oz/600 g/1308 yd/1196 m) in 28460 Blues – 1 mini skein each in 28455 White (A), 28409 Alfalfa (B), 28432 Fig (C), 28422 Cornflower (D), 28437 Marina (E), 28427 Denim (F), 28453 Tidepool (G), 28434 Grass (H), 28420 Cobblestone Heather (I), 28429 Dublin (J), 28452 Solstice Heather (K), 28411 Asphalt Heather (L), and 28419 Clarity (M), or approximately 25 yd (23 m) in A; 22 yd (20 m) in B; 9 yd (8 m) in C; 14 yd (13 m) each in D, G, and I; 16 yd (14.5 m) each in E, F, H, and J; 29 yd (26.5 m) in K; 38 yd (34.5 m) in L; and 30 yd (27.5 m) in M in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy