This simple, triangular shawlette combines two beloved stitch patterns – the “granny” stitch and the v-stitch – with a self-patterning yarn that does the colorwork for you.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows, increasing, skipping stitches, crocheting in chain spaces
- Special stitches: v-st (with written instructions and linked video tutorial in pattern)
Gauge: 12 sts (including ch-1 sp) in pattern = 4” (10 cm) before blocking. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished Size: Adjustable. Photographed sample measures 48” (122 cm) wingspan x 26” (66 cm) spine.
- Red Heart Colorscape yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 187 yd/171 m) – 3 skeins in 6342 Montreal, or approximately 400 yd (366 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size M-13/9 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Underground Crafter.