Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Combine this simple stitch pattern with a solid yarn for an heirloom-quality baby blanket. Or, create something whimsical using stripes or a multicolor yarn.
The size is adjustable. Photographed sample measures approximately 32” (81.5 cm) square.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for blanketd), crocheting in the round (for edging and border)
- Special stitch: dec (with written explanation in pattern)
Gauge: Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Choose a hook that is recommended for the yarn you select.
- Cascade 220 Superwash yarn (100% acrylic, 4.5 oz/128 g/268 yd/245 m) – 6 skeins in 1915 Banana Cream, or approximately 1,315 yd (1,202.5 m) in any light medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 4 locking stitch markers.
Skill Level: Easy
This crochet blanket pattern features a pretty stitch pattern that can be used for both genders.
With two strands of yarn held together as one, this crochet baby blanket pattern is sure to work up quickly.
This easy baby blanket has a nice texture. It looks great in a solid color and can be made for both genders.
Not only is this a mindless pattern, but it is also a nice stitch with a pretty texture! Great for making gifts for both genders.
Worked up in a cotton yarn, crochet baby blanket makes for the perfect gift at baby showers!
It’s simple, but it’s worked in a beautifully textured design that you’ll be proud to make and gift to all your precious ones.