Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Combine this simple stitch pattern with a solid yarn for an heirloom-quality baby blanket. Or, create something whimsical using stripes or a multicolor yarn.
The size is adjustable. Photographed sample measures approximately 32” (81.5 cm) square.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch
- Crocheting flat in rows (for blanketd), crocheting in the round (for edging and border)
- Special stitch: dec (with written explanation in pattern)
Gauge: Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Choose a hook that is recommended for the yarn you select.
- Cascade 220 Superwash yarn (100% acrylic, 4.5 oz/128 g/268 yd/245 m) – 6 skeins in 1915 Banana Cream, or approximately 1,315 yd (1,202.5 m) in any light medium weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- 4 locking stitch markers.
Skill Level: Easy