Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
This adorable seal is small enough to be an ornament or gift tag, and cute enough to be gifted as a softie. His front flippers are made with bobbles and his back flippers are shaped with decreases.
- Finished Size: Approximately 4.5” (11.5 cm) tall x 3.25” (8.5 cm) wide before stuffing.
- Gauge: 18 sc = 4” (10 cm) across. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Red Heart Super Saver (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g, 364 yd/333 m) – 1 skein in 340 Dusty Grey, or approximately 50 yd (45.5 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- 6 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- 13 mm black oval craft nose – 1.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Crafter’s Choice Dry Packing Fiber Fill.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or at least 2 stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy