This simple shawl pattern is easily modified for different seasons by changing the yarn weight and hook size. A decorative puff stitch edging adds textured details.
This pattern was originally published in the October, 2014 issue of I Like Crochet.
Finished Size is for Adult: 68” (173 cm) across wingspan x 13” (33 cm) spine depth.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows, increasing, decreasing, changing colors, crocheting in chain spaces
- Special stitch pattern: dc2tog, dc3tog, pf (with written instructions in pattern and linked tutorials)
Gauge: 16 sts x 8 rows = 4” (10 cm) in shawl pattern before blocking. Exact gauge is not required for this pattern.
- Approximately 470 yd (430 m) in MC and approximately 225 yd (245 m) in any light weight yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Stitch markers.
Skill Level: Easy
Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.