Design by Marie Segares/Underground Crafter.
Choose a super fine weight yarn to make a light shawl that can fit easily into a purse. Wear it around the neck or the shoulders on a chilly summer evening.
This pattern was originally published in the August, 2014 issue of I Like Crochet.
Finished size is customizable. Photographed sample measures 66” (168 cm) across wingspan x 10.5” (27 cm) deep along spine.
Gauge: 20 sts x 11 rows = 4” (10 cm) in shawl pattern before blocking. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
- Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, single crochet
- Crocheting flat in rows, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces, decreasing
- Special stitch patterns: dc2tog and dc4tog (with written explanation and linked photo tutorials in pattern), 3-st cl (with written explanation in pattern)
- Miss Babs Yet yarn (65% Merino wool/35% Tussah silk, 2.3 oz/65 g, 400 yd/365 m) – 2 skeins in Moulin Rose, or approximately 445 yd (407 m) in any super fine weight yarn.
- US Size E-4/3.5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
Skill Level: Easy